On 09/29/09 20:42, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Stephan Bergmann
<stephan.bergm...@sun.com> wrote:
 [building on 10.6]
- Similarly, MacPorts (used for the dependencies)

What dependencies?
Only mozilla did depend on external stuff, because of the gtk-toolkit.
But since moz2seamonkey, no external libraries or similar is needed.

So what parts does HH take from macports, and for what reason?

First of all, the build I did was not in the HH setsolar environment, but a plain configure based one (I was apparently not clear about that).

And, at least for me, if I "./configure --enable-werror --with-use-shel=bash", it fails at some point (either configure itself or building nss or moz---I do not remember which) unless there are external glib-2.0 and libIDL-2.0 available (which I bring in via PKG_CONFIG env vars and MacPorts glib, libidl, and pkgconfig).

If there are configure switches that indeed allow to build a fully functional OOo with zero additional dependencies, I would be interested to learn that. (And we should IMO set those switches implicitly then.)

- OOo is now explicitly built against the MacOSX10.4u.sdk (so that it runs
on Tiger even if it is built on Leopard).  However, 10.6, at least by
default, does not include the 10.4 SDK.  Worked around that for now by
patching places that ask for MacOSX10.4u.sdk to use MacOSX10.6.sdk instead.

Oh, that sounds bad. Isn't there even an option in xcode to install
the 10.4 sdk?

Probably there is, as Florian pointed out in another response to this thread. I had just been too lazy to check it out.

Also regarding all the compiler quirks: Does it still come with 4.0.x,
so that one could switch compilers to ignore all those problems?

I think most of the compiler warnings that show up now have already been fixed in other areas of the code a long time ago (when Linux builders starting using more recent GCC versions and stumbled over those warnings). It should be mainly Mac OS X only code that is affected, and IMO it should be cleaned up.

The problematic thing is the -fvisibility-hidden bug. 10.6 does come with multiple GCC versions, but I did not yet investigate there further.

-Stephan