Well, I'm not sure the answer, but It may be the connection. There were times 
when our wireless took forever to open a video in safari, and as I remember, 
sometimes the audio would start  without the video. Maybe if you could try the 
safari videos at a location - coffee shop or apple store - where you know the 
wi-fi is strong, and see if it helps any.

Bill M.
Sent by a unwired messenger

On Feb 18, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> I still think I am not being clear. 
> 
> When I clicked on the link below it opened up in my youtube app. I have no 
> problems seeing videos within my youtube app.
> 
> BUT when I am in safari and go to www.youtube.com and click on a video all I 
> get is sound I do not get the video.
> 
> Harry
> 
> On Feb 18, 2012, at 3:46 PM, Bill Micou wrote:
> 
>> Ok, so here is a link I'd like you to try.
>> I got it by being in safari, searching for a subject, choosing from the 
>> resulting list a link with a YouTube video. The link is what was at the 
>> bottom of the search result for the video I choose.
>> When I click on the link (with my finger on the iPad), the safari screen 
>> slides around, and I have the YouTube 'page', with the video.
>> 
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_dQ6A9rEzM
>> 
>> Bill M.
>> 
>> Sent by a winged messenger
>> 
>> On Feb 18, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Yeah, but it's not a you tube video. I can't get videos within you tube to 
>>> work in Safari on the ipad. If I use the youtube app then they work.
>>> On Feb 18, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Bill Micou wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Harry,
>>>> 
>>>> This one worked on my iPad...
>>>> http://video.about.com/spanish/How-to-Count-in-Spanish.htm
>>>> 
>>>> And this one...
>>>> http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-count-and-say-numbers-spanish-173179/
>>>> 
>>>> These did not...
>>>> http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Count-to-10-in-Spanish-9189
>>>> http://www.5min.com/Video/10-Things-to-Ask-in-Las-Vegas---10ThingsTV-9261
>>>> 
>>>> YouTube has so many videos, why use anything else?
>>>> Bill M.
>>>> 
>>>> Sent by a winged messenger
>>>> 
>>>> On Feb 18, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> There are several that I have tried. In youtube search  "counting in 
>>>>> spanish and try any that show up" none of them work in safari but they do 
>>>>> appear in the youtube app.
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> On Feb 18, 2012, at 5:48 AM, Ed Wiser wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>> Harry what video is it? Post a link.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>>> From: [email protected] 
>>>>>> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Harry 
>>>>>> Jacobson-Beyer
>>>>>> Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:15 AM
>>>>>> To: Topics related to Apple and Macintosh computers
>>>>>> Subject: Re: [MacGroup] You Tube videos on the iPad
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I cleared the cache but still could not see the video.
>>>>>> Thanks.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> On Feb 17, 2012, at 10:05 PM, Lee Larson wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> On Feb 17, 2012, at 6:38 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> I have a first generation iPad. when I try to look at You Tube videos 
>>>>>>>> with the web browser I get the audio but not the video.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> However, if I use the You Tube app, I have no problems seeing the 
>>>>>>>> video and hearing the audio.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Why can I not see the video with the iPad web browser?
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Try emptying the Safari cache.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to