From: macgroup-boun...@erdos.math.louisville.edu
[mailto:macgroup-boun...@erdos.math.louisville.edu] On Behalf Of Suzanne Blake
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:28 AM
To: jbl...@win.net; Topics related to Apple and Macintosh computers
Subject: Re: [MacGroup] Insight

They subcontract their service callers.
Mine have always come,  but none knows anything about Tivo.

Please delete my gmail address from your address book.  This message goes to
everyone and may not apply to you.

On Jan 20, 2013, at 5:16 PM, "J. Blake" <jbl...@win.net<mailto:jbl...@win.net>>
wrote:
From reading your posts, it doesn't look as though there is anything better
than Insight...gosh, I wish there were.

This past week they brought me a defective DVR box, so Friday they were
supposed to come bring me a good one between 3pm and 5pm. I sat by the phone
waiting for them to call first and then come until about 5:30. I called Insight
saying where was the tech?

They said...get this...he tried to call you twice before 5, but there was no
answer (right), so the appointment was canceled. What? My phone works just
fine. So sorry they said, he must have called the wrong number. (Meanwhile I
ranted and raved so much they gave me a $20 rebate on my bill. I was just
furious that they said they called when I believe they didn't.) They said, let
us set you up for another appointment for tomorrow (Saturday) between 3 and 5
p.m. I called several times during the day to confirm the tech was coming and
that the phone number he had was correct. I said I was definitely expecting him
to come.

At after 6, I called to find out where he was. They were so sorry. The tech had
called right before 5, but because no one answered, the appointment was
canceled...AGAIN. As I had sat by the phone all afternoon, by this time I was
having apoplexy. They set me up with another appointment for Tuesday between 12
and 1p.m. We'll see if they honor this one.

Does Insight care at all about their customers?

Please, please tell me there is an alternative to Insight.

Jane