Lee,

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I can connect to cardmail on my ipad and iphone through 
my wireless connection at home and at UofL.

It is the mail program on my computers at home that I cannot connect with.


On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:59 PM, Lee Larson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2013, at 6:02 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> I have a student email account at UofL (Cardmail).
>> 
>> It is set up as an iMap account and up until Tuesday I had no trouble 
>> connecting to my “cardmail account” and getting emails. The last email I 
>> received through my Cardmail account was around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday (April 
>> 16).
>> 
>> Since then Mail takes my cardmail account offline. When I try to take it on 
>> line it asks me for my password. I type it in, click ok, the window closes 
>> then opens again. I know my password is valid because I can access my 
>> cardmail through the web and on my iPad and Iphone.
>> 
>> The IT help desk at UofL has gotten several complaints like mine but they 
>> have no solution.
> 
> This has been an on-going bug ever since they switched over to Exchange as 
> the mail server. Portable devices connecting to the Exchange server via the 
> campus WiFi sometimes trigger some sort of timeout glitch. My only solution 
> has been to not read my UofL mail with my iPhone or iPad while on campus. 
> There doesn't seem to be any problem from off campus. 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup




_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to