I don't doubt that there are marvellous professors with great courses.You know our Lee is among them. And they work tirelessly to keep up standards. I did after all teach there and enjoyed my life and my students ,and worked hard for them, and still think they learned something. However, when it comes to the Arts and Sciences, the back bone, and languages, they are, ever so slowly, losing in value. What I find sad is that much of the attention is focused on the athletic teams, not the other way around. And this, somehow , I believe, has to do a lot with the way the university is promoting its values. Marta
On Apr 19, 2013, at 4:00 PM, Dr. James Priest wrote: > I agree. My daughter attends U of L was just accepted to grad school at U of > Chicago and Two schools in England. So it can't be that bad. My wife also > graduated medical school from U of L. I work with several universities > globally. The IT at all seems a little lacking. My daughter had a few IT > issued which were worked out although it took finding the right person. > > Dr. James Priest PhD > Sr. Fire Strategist/Researcher > > On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Oh Marta, >> >> I am sorry you feel that way. I have been taking classes at UofL for 3 years >> now. I have met some very incredible students, both scholarship and non >> scholarship. I have had marvelous, caring, energetic professors. It’s a >> great place to be. >> >> >> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Marta Edie <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> I have long given up to look at the UofL as a university anymore. I would >>> only send somebody there if they want to become athletes or had a >>> scholarship to squeeze in a few selected courses. It has become that bad >>> and that sad. >>> Marta >>> >>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:26 PM, Jonathan Fletcher wrote: >>> >>>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Lee Larson <[email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>>> This problem has been around for about a year and nobody I've talked to >>>>> at UofL IT seems particularly interested in solving it. >>>> >>>> Ah, yes, that's the old UofL that I have fond memories of! >>>> >>>> You'd think that since the early nineties that someone would have taken >>>> their head out of the sand and seen that the world was changing out there. >>>> >>>> That attitude will only bring them to irrelevance. >>>> >>>> Oh, they have a successful athletic program? Well, then, never mind! >>>> >>>> ::-\ >>>> >>>> j. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Jonathan Fletcher >>>> FileMaker 9/10/11/12 Certified Developer >>>> >>>> Fletcher Data Consulting >>>> [email protected] >>>> http://www.fletcherdata.com >>>> 502-509-7137 >>>> >>>> Kentuckiana's FileMaker Developers Group >>>> Next meeting: Tuesday, May 28th, noon to 3:30-ish (Special guest!) >>>> http://www.kyfmp.com >>>> >>>> >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> MacGroup mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup >>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> MacGroup mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> MacGroup mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup > > _______________________________________________ > MacGroup mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
_______________________________________________ MacGroup mailing list [email protected] http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
