This morning 3 days after I lost the ability to connect to cardmail, the 
connection has been restored. 

I guess when I am on campus I will turn cardmail off on my ios devices.
On Apr 18, 2013, at 6:02 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> I’m sending this to the group but it’s probably something Lee might be able 
> to help me with.
> 
> I have a student email account at UofL (Cardmail).
> 
> It is set up as an iMap account and up until Tuesday I had no trouble 
> connecting to my “cardmail account” and getting emails. The last email I 
> received through my Cardmail account was around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday (April 16).
> 
> Since then Mail takes my cardmail account offline. When I try to take it on 
> line it asks me for my password. I type it in, click ok, the window closes 
> then opens again. I know my password is valid because I can access my 
> cardmail through the web and on my iPad and Iphone.
> 
> The IT help desk at UofL has gotten several complaints like mine but they 
> have no solution.
> 
> One person in the department suggested I delete my account and recreate it. I 
> deleted the account, restarted my computer and recreated the account it still 
> does not work.
> 
> You should also know that Cardmail does not work on both my iMac and my 
> Powerbook.
> 
> On my  new iMac I am running 
> 
>       OS 10.8.3, build 12D78
>       I am using Apple Mail Version 6.3 (1503)
> 
> On my Powerbook (It’s almost 6 years old - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) I am 
> running
> 
>       OS 10.7.5, build 11G63b
>       I am using Apple Mail Version 5.3 (1283)
> 
> Also you should know Software Update says I have these updates available
> 
>       on my iMac: 
> Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 4.05
> Safari 6.0.4
> HP Printer Software Update 2.14
> Epson Printer Software Update 2.14, and Iphoto 9.4.3
> on my MacBook Pro
>  Java for OS X 2013-003, version 1.0
> HP Printer Software Update 2.14
> Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 4.05
> Safari 6.0.4
> 
> Lee, Bill, or anyone who can help, it will be appreciated.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> Harry
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to