On Jul 12, 2016, at 9:52 PM, John Robinson <profilecoven...@me.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much Lee, can you explain URL Advisor and WOT…..Any preference?

I have little to say because I use neither one. Here’s what I know.

Both are Web browser extensions.

URL Advisor is part of the Kaspersky Internet Security suite. They give this
part away in hopes you’ll buy the whole package. Kaspersky gathers information
from a variety of sources to find out whether Web sites are dangerous. URL
Advisor warns you before you open a questionable site.

WoT stands for Web of Trust. It collects ratings of sites from its millions of
users to determine a reputation rating for a site. It tells you the reputation
rating of a site before you open it and lets you add your opinion to all the
others.

L^2

PS/ Yesterday, I forgot to mention the Google Safe Browsing service. It’s built
into Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Make sure it’s turned on in Safari by checking
Safari>Preferences>Security>Warn when visiting a fraudulent website. I think
this is the best of the bunch because Google is constantly spelunking the
farthest recesses of the Internet and can easily look out for malware
infestations.