On May 7, 2018, at 11:48 AM, John Robinson <profilecoven...@icloud.com
<mailto:profilecoven...@icloud.com>> wrote:

> So under Apple’s new file structure what backup will protect the integrity of
> the data? This article talks about HFS+ but for those with High Sierra and a
> SSD now implementing APFS, what works with this format?

APFS is okay as a source for Time Machine. It just can’t be used as a
destination. I suspect Apple is working on a new version of Time Machine that
can write to APFS.

I always want more than one form of backup. For most people, I usually
recommend a network hard drive and something like Carbon Copy Cloner as an
extra backup. If you have really important data, copy to the cloud and get it
out of the house in case that dormant volcano decides to come up through your
basement.

L^2

--
‌Lee Larson‌  leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>‌

‌The world is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can
imagine. ‌— J.B.S. Haldane
‌Possible Worlds and Other Papers (1927)‌
‌