On 10/7/2016 3:28 AM, Klemen Zhivko wrote:
> OK got answered on linuxcnc forum that:
>
> "
> For CPC 12 -14 they have relay in torch that can contact 120VAC, 1A, but
> generally speaking I can put 5V, 50ma to this 12 pin of cpc (instead so
> huge 120VAC, 1A), and connect 14 pin to my digital in (5v) on board.
> When relay triggers in plasma torch (14 should go to 5V) and I measure this
> 14 line as 5V on my digital input pin on 5V compatible linuxcnc computer.
> "
> So here I attach adapted picture for anybody having same concerns.
>
> Now I would "only" like to get confirmation from @cdsteinkuhler that using
> P_503 port, pins
> P503_1 as 5V digital IN as for ENCODER from 5V signal of (thcad 10V)

This is fine.

> P503_2 as 5V digital OUT for PLASMA START

This might not work.  These pins are protected against 5V levels, but
only have the drive capability of the BBB I/O pin (which is 3.3V and a
few mA).  If this is not a high-speed signal, I would suggest using one
of the low-power FET outputs.  These are "open-drain" style outputs and
can handle voltages up to 12V.

> P503_3 as 5V digital IN for for TRANSFER (cnc start moving)
> is OK.

This is fine.

--
Charles Steinkuehler