Dear Charles,

I tried your two example, but i failed run .py in BBB side.
1. Leddemo failed to load tristate module, i think maybe default machinekit
source code does not have this module? Anyhow i have not dig into it and go
to try MendelMax example

2. MendeMax example seems very close to success, but failed as follows:

debian@arm:~/machine-configs/configs/MendelMax$ ./MendelMax.Remote.py
> cape-universal already loaded
> done
> starting configserver... done
> starting linuxcnc... MACHINEKIT - 0.1
> Machine configuration directory is
> '/home/debian/machine-configs/configs/MendelMax'
> Machine configuration file is 'MendelMax.Remote.ini'
> Starting Machinekit...
> done
> io started
> <commandline>:0: Component 'iocontrol' ready
> <commandline>:0: Program 'io' started
> halcmd loadusr io started
> cape-universal overlay found
> cape-bone-iio overlay found
> CRAMPS.hal:10: Program './setup.sh' finished
> CRAMPS.hal:18: Realtime module 'trivkins' loaded
> CRAMPS.hal:22: Realtime module 'tp' loaded
> CRAMPS.hal:23: Realtime module 'motmod' loaded
> CRAMPS.hal:27: Realtime module 'hal_bb_gpio' loaded
> CRAMPS.hal:28: Realtime module 'hal_pru_generic' loaded
> CRAMPS.hal:29:
> Invalid argument 'num_chan=2' to instantiated component
> NB. Use of personality or cfg is deprecated
> Singleton components cannot have multiple instances
>
> Shutting down and cleaning up Machinekit...
> <commandline>:0: Realtime threads stopped
> <commandline>:0: Realtime module 'hal_pru_generic' unloaded
> <commandline>:0: Realtime module 'hal_bb_gpio' unloaded
> <commandline>:0: Realtime module 'motmod' unloaded
> <commandline>:0: Realtime module 'tp' unloaded
> <commandline>:0: Realtime module 'trivkins' unloaded
> <commandline>:0: Realtime threads stopped
> Cleanup done
> Machinekit terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the
> log:
>     /home/debian/linuxcnc_debug.txt
> and
>     /home/debian/linuxcnc_print.txt
> as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal
> stopping configserver... done

in linuxcnc_debug.txt file:

 Can not find -sec DISPLAY -var INTRO_GRAPHIC -num 1
> 26437
>   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
> Stopping realtime threads
> Unloading hal components

linuxcnc.print.txt file:

RUN_IN_PLACE=yes
> LINUXCNC_DIR=
> LINUXCNC_BIN_DIR=/home/debian/machinekit/bin
> LINUXCNC_TCL_DIR=/home/debian/machinekit/tcl
> LINUXCNC_SCRIPT_DIR=
> LINUXCNC_RTLIB_DIR=/home/debian/machinekit/rtlib
> LINUXCNC_CONFIG_DIR=
> LINUXCNC_LANG_DIR=/home/debian/machinekit/src/objects
> INIVAR=/home/debian/machinekit/libexec/inivar
> HALCMD=halcmd
> LINUXCNC_EMCSH=/usr/bin/wish8.6
> INIFILE=/home/debian/machine-configs/configs/MendelMax/MendelMax.Remote.ini
> PARAMETER_FILE=pru-stepper.var
> TASK=milltask
> HALUI=
> DISPLAY=mkwrapper
> Starting Machinekit server program: linuxcncsvr
> Starting Machinekit IO program: io
> Killing task linuxcncsvr, PID=26437
> Removing HAL_LIB, RTAPI, and Real Time OS modules
> Removing NML shared memory segments

/var/log/linuxcnc.log as( http://pastebin.com/CawDwinC ).

I tried to analyze the reason, in

> Invalid argument 'num_chan=2' to instantiated component
> NB. Use of personality or cfg is deprecated
> Singleton components cannot have multiple instances

I changed 'num_chan=1' seems it didn't help error is the same:

> Invalid argument 'num_chan=1' to instantiated component
> NB. Use of personality or cfg is deprecated
> Singleton components cannot have multiple instances

So i think the key problem is here:

>  Can not find -sec DISPLAY -var INTRO_GRAPHIC -num 1

I have no idea about it, Does anyone have any experience about this? Thanks
in advance!

In the end, we use  DISPLAY=mkwrapper, as i remember Alex said we already
moved on to MKlauncher?

Thanks!
-chengxi