I ran *sudo apt-get install libgcc1 *and it said it was installed and
nothing to add. It said to "autoremove" liburiparser1 so I did?

I learned some usermod commands and checked and added machinekit user to
"users"

I created the .rules file as you described.

Because I was getting the same error I experimented with the readme file
version of the .rules file. I noticed it had ATTR vs SYSFS. The readme had
the name as 90-xhc.rules. I tried both combinations of file names with ATTR
and SYSFS.

Rebooted a few times in the process and still the same error. *libgcc_s.so.1
must be installed for pthread_cancel to work*