Pierre,

> On 12 Nov 2018, at 20:02, Pierre Auge <pjr.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bas,
>
> It's hard to pastebin an empty file.
>
> /var/log/linuxcnc.log is empty, no errors are being logged. Hence the the
> comment "no errors, but hangs and effectively crashes the BBBW."
> You could imagine how hard it is from my end to diagnose a problem when the
> problem is not being logged as a problem.

I can’t help you without errors. That’s like walking around on bare feet in a
dark room with LEGO pieces scattered over the floor.

Let’s take one step back.
How is your setup? Meaning what image did you use? Do you run from packages or
have you compiled yourself?

> I'm referring to the HAL config file I attached.

I’m working from a mobile device. Please post a link to you config, either
pastebin links or a github account with your (if modified) configuration. If
stock, then the link from the github repo that you use.

http://www.machinekit.io/docs/getting-help/

> I'm trying to understand what if anything in the HAL config could be causing
> the beagleboard to become unusable without posting any errors.

Your /var/log/linuxcnc.log file should contain some info at least, for each
session some general messages. So there’s definitely something strange going on.