Hi,

Can someone please recommend a color inkjet printer that works well with a mac?
Currently all of my macs are running Sierra (10.12.6), though I plan to upgrade
to High Sierra soon.

I think my first priority is that it is reliable and works well with a mac.
Mainly I print on good quality 8.5x11 sheets of paper, though 4x6 photo
printing (from a separate tray) would be good. An ethernet connection in
addition to USB and WiFi would be nice, though not mandatory. Inexpensive OEM
ink refills would be great, or else one that works well with inexpensive
third-party ink cartridges. All I really need is a printer, since I already
have a laser printer that also scans, though if the inkjet you recommend is an
all-in-one unit, that's fine (just not necessary). If it is an all-in-one, I
don't care about a document feeder, though having one is OK, and a flat top
would be good, so that it can easily scan portions of a long or over-sized
document.

In the past, I liked HP, but lately they do not seem as good as some others (at
least in my limited experience). I have a really old HP C7280 all-in-one that
has worked well, but now all forms of communication have failed (first
ethernet, then WiFi, and now USB). I have a newer HP C410, but it has never
worked well (the color printing is terrible, and I've had two of these). I have
a Brother HL-2280DW laser printer that works very well and uses cheap
third-party toner cartridges, but I do not know if Brother makes a good color
inkjet. I have never had a Canon or Epson (or any other brand).

So, if you can recommend a good color inkjet printer that works well with a
mac, I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!

Gregg