Dan Kogai [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>  Depending on the mirror server you are using, CPAN site may not
*>contain the most recent version of your software.  If such is the case
*>you can override your setting temporarily via

http://mirror.cpan.org/status.cgi

should indicate if a mirror is current or not. It is updated 4x a day
using data from two different locations. It won't change your life or make
you rich but it's a reasonable guage of freshness.

*>> o conf urllist [ url:/to.your.cpan.site/
*>
*>notice '[' is necessary.

I don't think I've ever seen or used that...interesting...the documented
and more conventional commands might be useful.

cpan> o conf urllist push http://www.cpan.org/

- will append the url onto the end of the current urllist

cpan> o conf urllist pop http://www.cpan.org/

- will pop the last item off the list

you can similarly use shift and unshift to do the same for the top of the
@urllist array.

cpan> o conf

- will show you what the new values are

cpan> o conf commit

- will write the values you just changed to the conf file if you wish to
keep them around for more than just this session.

*>  I just checked http://www.cpan.org/ and the version there was still
*>0.61.  Give it half a day or so before the latest one appears.

www.cpan.org updates from PAUSE hourly so if it doesn't have the latest
version it is unlikely any of the other mirrors will either.

e.