On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill -Sx- Jones wrote:

> On 4/1/02 9:46 PM, "Chris Devers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill -Sx- Jones wrote:
> >
> >> Cmd-S  (Single User Mode.)
> >
> > Why are you booting into single user mode to edit /private/etc/hostconfig?
> > Why not just edit it normally, then reboot if you have to? Does being
> > booted into single user mode while editing the file resolve some issue
> > that I'm not able to think of here? I don't see the point here...
>
> Apparently you didn't read the whole message ?
>
> Re-read it and get back to me;

Thanks, but I read it twice & now three times, and I still don't get it.
Why does setting up SSL mode boots of Apache get easier when you boot into
single user mode, as opposed to just doing "sudo pico /etc/hostconfig" and
then rebooting without the extra, slow step? I believe that there has to
be a good reason to do it this way, but like I say, I don't see the point.

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/

"More war soon. You know how it is."    -- mnftiu.cc