>think of it as a browser without really being a
>browser.

hmmm. that's not really very useful. What if you just create a palette of
buttons for actions to perform? Is that really a browser in any sense at
all? Or is Photoshop a browser that you only use to manipulate images in? ;)

>Javascript is actually a very nice
>language... it just requires a browser to be able to run, which kinda
>sucks. Well, konfab removes that restriction.

I like Javascript too. But you don't need Konfabulator to run it on OSX
outside a browser

  <http://www.latenightsw.com/freeware/JavaScriptOSA/index.html>

But, yes, I agree with your basic points about the beauty/innovative
coolness of OSX