On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Alex Robinson wrote:

> >Most of the sample widgets I've seen, I'd rather
> >seo them available as menubar widgets instead.
>
> Come on Chris - that's a bit like dismissing something just because there's
> only a poxy hello world example, and why on earth would anyone just want to
> print hello world?

My problem exactly :)

    http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=54242&cid=5330607
    http://crazyapplerumors.com/2003_02_09_archive.htm#90318920

Block quoting the latter URL, because it sums up my point of view much
better (and much funnier) than I can:

    "It's a run-time engine for little JavasScript widget devices that
    can do anything!" said the New York Times' David Pogue.

    "Or it might be an interpreter - I always get those
    confused. But, anyway, there are these small, lightweight
    widgets that do certain tasks like... uh... cooking shrimp! No,
    no! That's stupid! Like... like... download your bank account
    information! No... well... I don't know if there's one that does
    that... there might be."

    After five minutes of circular attempts at explanation Pogue finally
    admitted "OK, I really don't know what it does."

    "But it looks really cool."

    Certain Mac users claimed attempts to define Konfabulator were
    "bringing it down."

    "That kind of thinking is so nineties," said developer and web logger
    Niles Crawford. "You can't box Konfabulator in to your corporate
    view of what an application should be, man! Konfabulator is way
    beyond that! Konfabulator is the bomb! It's the shit, man!

    "Ah, screw it, I don't know what it does, either."

I really don't have anything to add :)

--
Chris Devers    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Good night. Try not to miss me.