Hi,

I am trying to install the gd library in order to use the GD module. So far, I
have installed freetype and libpng, but when I fail to install libjpeg.

When running configure like this:

./configure --enable-shared

I get the following warning (and an error on subsequent make):

checking host system type... ltconfig: cannot guess host type; you must specify
one
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.

I tried editing configure and including "powerpc-apple-darwin" as the host
name, and I also tried passing this string as a parameter to configure - no
luck.

What is my system's canonical host name (Mac OS 10.3.7) and how do I use it
when configuring the source code for compilation?

Thanks,

Jan
--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't
believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson