I've solved the problem. The solution was simple.

As David Green suggested I was having a problem with Perl versions. The original script started with the shebang line
   #!/usr/bin/perl -w
I was running Perl 5.8.6 here; Crypt::SSLeay could not be found in this Perl's libraries. When I switched the shebang line to
   #!/opt/local/bin/perl -w
the corresponding Perl 5.8.8 had no trougle finding Crypt::SSLeay, and everything worked fine.

Thanks for your input!



On Sep 7, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Vic Norton wrote:

I want to access https URLs on the web via LPW. To do this I need Crypt::SSLeay.

I have not been able to install Crypt::SSLeay directly so I tried MacPorts. Everything seemed to go fine, but LPW::UserAgent says Crypt::SSLeay is not installed:

501 Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported (Crypt::SSLeay not installed)

Reply via email to