--As of February 15, 2009 11:10:33 AM +0000, Alan Fry is alleged to have said:

I have an Intel MacPro running Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Perl 5.8.8) and a copy of
PDF::API2. This has worked flawlessly for a long time.

Suddenly it has failed. There have been no changes at all to the machine
apart from a recent 'Security Update', which I think had to do mostly
with a loophole in Safari.

--As for the rest, it is mine.