On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Alan Fry <a...@afco.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I am not sure what happened to Scalar::Utils when the security patch was
> applied but I have a suspicion it might have been deleted?

Looks to me like the security patch included updated .dylibs for a number of
core Perl modules, but didn't include the .pm files. So, for those who had
updated those modules with newer versions from CPAN, that left a mismatch
between the version number in the .pm and the .dylib. In some cases, it
appears that the newer .pm (from CPAN) also tries to export functions that
don't actually exist in the older (i.e. core Perl) .dylib.

I suspect that these updates are created by an automated process that looks
to see what files have actually been changed, and that process was run
against a "virgin" OS install in which none of the core Perl modules had
been updated from CPAN.

sherm--