On Apr 8, 2018, at 07:02, db wrote:

> On 8 Apr 2018, at 13:50, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> That streamlined process is what keeps new and updated portfiles in my
>>> local repo…
>> So is your suggestion to delete the MacPorts Travis CI integration? Don't
>> test-build PRs?
>
> Buildbot is a CI framework. Use that for testing. And automate deployment
> where possible.

We already automate deployment of built archives using buildbot.

I already explained that we did not use buildbot to test PRs initially because
we did not know how to do it exactly. You've seen many long detailed emails go
by in this thread now, discussing how we might in future use buildbot for this.