On Mar 9, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
Yes, that's a whole 'nother problem to which someone's comment recently alerted me. We not only need a way for a port to run a phase after deactivation or uninstall, but also that version of the portfile should be stored with the installed port so that the post- deactivate or post-uninstall phase that gets used is the one that was in effect at the time the port was installed, not the one that's in the current version of the portfile.

And then once we get that we'll need a way to make sure we maintain enough compatibility to not break these and/or include some way of overriding them with a newer version (say if the Portfile included with the built port has a buggy uninstall method)...

The last time I remember seeing list traffic about this, a look over the port tree indicated no useful use of uninstall procs (deactivate didn't exist yet and the ports tree was somewhere around 1000 ports).

--
Daniel J. Luke