On Mar 9, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

On Mar 9, 2009, at 17:39, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

The last time I remember seeing list traffic about this, a look over the port tree indicated no useful use of uninstall procs (deactivate didn't exist yet and the ports tree was somewhere around 1000 ports).

There are the docbook xml ports now which print a message saying I need to run some command I'm never going to remember if I ever uninstall the port.

I'm not sure what you are meaning here but if there is anything that a user NEEDS to do after uninstalling a port maybe the port uninstall command could pause with the message and wait for confirmation, bailing is the user clicks [n].

This isn't a big deal but some people may do something silly like "port uninstall installed echo p5-*" not knowing that it's going to uninstall everything.
Ok, that was me :) Trying to figure out how to chain port commands.

//Brad