On Wednesday September 14 2016 13:30:34 Ken Cunningham wrote:

Hi Ken,

> I was reading your old posts on this topic from last year...and perhaps you
> have this as figured out as it's going to get.
>
> For options regarding qt5 on 10.6, it looks like qt5-mac revision 127528 was
> the last one that ever installed.
> It conflicts with qt4-mac, I believe, so it's one or the other?
>
> And if I did go through what would be needed install it, would any of the
> current ports requiring qt5 work with that version?

I'm afraid you're a bit out of luck. Qt 5.3.2 was the last version to build on
10.6.  I still have an option to build that version in my port:qt5-kde
(automatic on 10.6) and that build co-installs with port:qt4-mac, but that port
isn't yet included in the official ports tree. We're working on that, but that
probably won't get you much further. I cannot speak for all Qt5-based ports,
but for example more and more KF5 ports require Qt 5.6 and may bump that to 5.7
soon.

When I was still running 10.6 myself I did manage to install Qt 5.4 via a ruse:
I installed it via the official installer on a new OS X version (running in a
VM) and simply copied the install tree back. At the time that allowed me to
build Qt applications with but I am not so sure if that would still work, for
various reasons. You could try it though if you have the possibility (ask
around on Qt's "interest" mailing list first). If this (mostly) works we might
think of some kind of hack to create a sort of shim port that makes MacPorts'
dependency system happy ...

René