On Nov 3, 2019, at 02:10, Michael Newman wrote:

> Periodically DetectX generates the following message:
>
> =====
> Items:  org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist
> Some background launch items have just been changed on your mac which can
> affect its security
> =====
>
> I had previously uninstalled postgresql83-server and can’t find
> org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist in any of the following directories:
>
> ~/Library/LaunchAgents
> /Library/LaunchAgents
> /Library/LaunchDaemons
>
> DetectX support suggested:
>
> "... it's likely that macports is writing the file there as a temporary item
> and then deleting it."
>
> Is that a reasonable explanation? If so, how do I stop MacPorts from creating
> this plist?
>
> If it’s not a reasonable explanation, is there something I should do?

MacPorts creates plists for ports that are meant to act as servers when you
install those ports. The plists are removed, along with all of the port's other
files, when the port is uninstalled.

You can use find or locate to try to determine whether a
org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist file still exists even after you have
uninstalled the port.