Hi Shawn,

So you are saying that Samantha and, presumably also Tom, since he is part of
vocalizer expressive, are still suppose to be available under Mavericks? That
is very interesting. I wonder if there is a way to delete the old files and
somehow reacquire them, although I didn't think I saw Samantha or Tom in the
list of voices in the customize dialogue under text to speech in the system
preferences. Will look again. I've heard a lot of good things about these
expressive voices. Thus far, I have tried Allison and Susan, and I prefer
Samantha on my i-devices and, of course, Alex. I also prefer the Russian voice
on my iPad to the ones available on the Mac. But I don't think Apple is going
to care much what I prefer. <smile>

Mary
Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com