Hi, you will get best joy out of your braille display, since a button
on your display will be set to scroll right and another to scroll
left.  In many instances where reading is required, such as typing a
document in text edit, the arrow keys do just fine on their own with
out needing to use the voice over keys.  When you need to use the
voice over keys for long periods of reading, your best bet is to
simply lock the voice over keys with control option semicolon.  Once
you do that, every press on the keybord will act as if you also
pressed the voice over keys even though you haven't actually pressed
them.  Or to think of it another way, the voice over keys will be
perminantly pressed without you needing to take care of that yourself
until you press the semicolon to releace them.

All things being equal though I suspect you will probably turn speech
off and use braille exclusively if you really like braille.  I have a
friend who does this and it's sick to watch.  I'd love to be able to
do it, but I'm just not that good at braille.

Best,

erik burggraaf
A+ sertified technician and user support consultant.
Phone: 888-255-5194
Email: e...@erik-burggraaf.com