Hi,

iTunes Music used to be labeled as “Protected” when DRM was active and since
all music now sold is considered “Purchased” in the iTunes Plus format, it no
longer has true DRM protection.  There used to be an option in the iTunes Store
whereby you could upgrade your existing Store purchases to the iTunes plus
format but I’m not positive that is still an option.  So, what I’m saying, is
that if your music is listed as “protected”, then removing and re-adding is not
really a good option for you.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada