As I have not experienced what you are talking about, I would suggest you take
the iPhone to either an Apple Store or mobile carrier store and show them what
is going on. That is definitely a strange situation.

The steps I would take are: First, reboot the phone by turning it off and then
on. Second, hard reboot the phone by holding the home and power buttons for 12
seconds. Third, connect the phone to iTunes and run a repair after creating a
secure back-up. Fourth, take the phone to the carrier store. Note that each
step is the next level up.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288