Hi Mary,

First of all, the only useful selection in the radio group you mentioned is the
list.  Nothing else works well with vo.
I'll go over some tricks I've found helpful in reading and navigating a book.
First, I've found it helpful to turn off cursor tracking as the chapter
navigation does not work for some reason win focus is in the HTML content.
Next, you can route the mouse to the scroll area and press vo-f5.  This will
read the book content that is actually being displayed.  Now you can move from
chapter to chapter with command-shift-left or command-shift-right.  When you do
this, the displayed content you read with vo-f5 will change.  You can move vo
directly to the displayed content for reading by routing it to the mouse.  You
actually could not do this in the first release, but they did fix this.  Also,
you won't have large chunks of text that vo won't read at all.

I agree with most of your comments about iBooks.  I think it really could and
should have been better.  I believe that it is currently in the best state that
it's been in however, and I am able to use it affectively in the way I
described.  I hope you find something I said useful keeping in mind that while
the methods work for me presently, there are glitches as always.