Like Sean, I rarely shut down anything. If I have to restart during an update
or if I notice something not running right or for a few other reasons, I shut
down or restart. I've been doing this for years on various computers with no
consequences that I notice except, as I mentioned, that if anything does seem
slow I then shut down or restart. This isn't at all to contradict the advice
given in the sense of belittling it or anything; this is just the experience I
have. If I found I was having problems, I would of course change my habits and
shut down more frequently.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day:
"This I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord
never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
(Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV)

On Jan 3, 2015, at 10:49 PM, Faisal ali <faisal.a...@icloud.com> wrote:

Shutting down a mac or any computer is important to refresh the memory. If the
memory isn’t refreshed often enough, the machine will eventually slow down over
time.