Right, that's what I'm getting at. But how can you use your Apple ID accessibly to recover your key if you selected that option?

On 6/3/2015 6:39 PM, John Panarese wrote:
    I think this has changed. I believe with Yosemite, you can use your Apple
ID and password as an alternative method if you forget your initial password,
but this must be chosen when you are turning on FileVault. At least, this was
the selection I sued when I turned it on my Mac Book Pro.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer