I also cannot type in text fields when quick nav is on. I believe in the
voiceOver Utility under commanders/quick nav, there is a check box that says
"Enable single-key webpage navigation when using Quick Nav.” You can try
unchecking this if you do not like to use single key navigation. This feature
is probably what does not allow you to type in text fields on webpages. I use
single key navigation a ton so I leave this option on.

Good Luck,
Christina