More confirmation here:
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/06/29/cirrus-logic-mfi-lightning-headphone-dev-kit/

Lightning.  Still not happy about it, but then I’m not buying an iPhone 7, so
it’s OK, for now.  Gotta love the Apple pundits continuing to be completely,
ahem, tone deaf on the issue.

Scott, I was talking more in the way of degradation to today’s computer
speakers over the use of complex physical changers.  Yep, there are crazy
workarounds, but there’s still no direct path from digital to your speaker
system or even boombox; either you’ve got proprietary interfaces to the network
or sky-rise vertically integrated systems that know about very specific
services, but no general-purpose network interconnect that’ll work no matter
the digital input source.  What we want is for today’s computers and
smartphones to be able, either wirelessly or with digital AV interfaces, to
benefit from the big speakers.  That can’t be too much to ask, can it?  I’ve
been looking into all the various solutions, especially Sonos, but I’m still
feeling pretty meh about it, really.  Sure I can build a component system and
cable it all together and use a remote to switch components, but why bother
when I have a working wired and wireless network and all my stuff—everything I
care about—is all digital now and will become increasingly so as I rip it from
analog?  I just despair that at this golden time of opportunity, all the
vendors are going their own separate ways to screw the consumer with closed
protocols and meshes and cordless standards.

As for SD card storage, the only thing I’ll say is that Apple would rather you
pay their prices than wipe your bottom with money, so they don’t offer you the
choice.  But realistically, the SD interface is slow, and if it existed at all
it would only be in an adaptor form factor anyway; there is simply no use case
for permanently accessible storage that’s external.  Sure I’d love it, but I
think Apple are probably right here not to include the slot, all the same.
Even on Android a lot of people use SD cards purely for data, and not for apps,
because the speed difference is noticeable.  What Apple needs to do is expose
SD cards using document providers, and make the file system more useful by
making it accessible through iOS and from outside from a trusted computer or
over the network.  That, I think, is far more practical and useful, IMO, and
would make the grudges about storage far less legitimate.

list.