Unless that 32gigs is unofficial, the max is 16 on the mid 2012 MBP according to Crucial.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com

On 7/1/2016 4:20 AM, Scott Granados wrote:
Simon, FYI, you can go up to 32 GB on the 2011 - 12 models.  Crucial and
I think Kingston make 1 for 1 replacement modules and the OS recognizes
32 GB just fine.  Sucks you can’t do this on the late model hardware.
 I’d love to have more than 16GB and it bothers me Apple forces you to
that limit because you can’t upgrade your own ram.

On Jul 1, 2016, at 6:42 AM, Simon Fogarty <si...@blinky-net.com