Simon,
Yeah I know. If blind people were better educated and better qualified. it might be a different story.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com

On 8/17/2016 3:49 AM, Simon Fogarty wrote:
ET,

 I can speak as both a blind person and someone that has senior management
people saying it's not an issue when advised of accessibility issues.

 I work for an organisation that calls itself an EEO that stands for Equal
Opotunity employer,

 I work in the area of IT Support and desktop administration.

We have in the passed 18 months had a new managed windows desktop environment
installed this was mentioned on this list a month or so back. It's a citrix
based xen system which does not allow for screan reader access for those of us
with sight issues.

Yet I'm expected to support this system without adaptive accessibility and my
director says well we're not bothering to do anything about it as it's only an
issue for 1 person.

Other systems that are still being implemented are flash based and proving to
be issues and again I get well we're not changing things and the best one,
we'll find something else for you to do...

Just a couple of vews to think of.

 Not everyone is willing to pull their head out of their A hole.