I think the issue of charging and using the port though is not equivalent to
the loss of braille access.  Loss of braille access is an all or nothing deal.
The charging thing is an inconvenience at worst and  at best a product for
someone to produce to solve the problem.  There are many people who might want
to use power and this port at the same time.  Think about it, the folks at the
charging case companies definitely want to see this problem solved.  So there
are much larger markets who would have concerns here as well as the deaf blind.
        Here’s another thing we’re not considering, with no more headphone jack
there’s no need for an audio stage in the phone any more.  SO you’re no longer
powering amplifiers and analog convertors, filters, no more digital signal
processing etc.  You have the speakers of course but you don’t have to drive
any of that stuff if you’re a deaf user any more.  Lightning all the way out to
the end means that power is either delivered more efficiently but still powered
by the phone or powered by an internal source like bluetooth headphones.  So we
might actually get more battery life with out so much analog.

If it turns out that charging and audio isn’t available and other changes don’t
offset the impact enough that it impacts the deaf blind then by all means put
me down as against but I don’t think that’s going to be the case, I don’t think
this community will be left out in the cold on this one.

Here’s another thing that folks are leaving out, wireless charging. Macrumors
has had mention on and off and on again of wireless charging.  You might be
plugged in to your port and still charging wirelessly, that might also work.

I’m just saying this problem doesn’t require Brave Heart like speeches from
Jonathan calling the world is going to end because progress is moving on and
adapters are changing.  Even a few minutes of googling finds products that
would solve this problem today.:)  It’s just a silly thing to work your self up
over when the problem doesn’t exist until next week at a minimum, if it does at
all and it seems to me adapters exist today that allow for power and  audio or
did all the sound docks in the world suddenly just stop working?

This just sounds like a non problem or one that’s solved week 1.

And regardless of the rhetoric, no I do not want to see any part of our
community cut off.