Tim,
I finally got around to this and tried your steps last night. Worked fine except when I brought up the Actions menu, I must have selected delete all for that is what happened. But TM did a new backup so its good. It was a rather convoluted process but worked fine. Thanks much.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com