They offer a way better experience than with Terminal, sound support, and,
well, a GUI. Probably a lot more, but that's what I like. I'm taking my poor
Mac to the Apple store today to get Sierra installed. I messed with Linux,
didn't like it, and now... Anyways, when I get Mac os again, I'll surely give
this a try. Also, I have been wanting to learn to code, so yes, being able to
help with this would be amazing. My Mac currently only has 4 gigs of Ram and a
spinning drive, so Xcode is rather cumbersome on there, although I could use
Emacs and the Swift mode along with the compile terminal function if necessary.
While I'm there, I might see about upgrading the Mac's internals so that I can
have a better experience.

Sent from my iPhone