  From: Tim Kilburn
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:51 AM
  Subject: Re: Attention Aleeha Dudley

  Hi,

  Sounds like a phishing expedition.  These have found there way to gMail,
Google Apps and other big eMail providers.  They are designed to get you to
login to a fake web page with your gMail, Live or whatever account.  They will
then gain access to your password, your contacts and much more.  Often they
will change some things in your eMail settings like your return address, and/or
set up filters or blocks to further mess with your account.  If you didn't
login, you're fine.  The best thing to do from the prospective of the affected
user is to change your password, as was already done, but to also set up two
step or two factor authentication.  This usually will make it so that this sort
of attack is no longer an option.

  Later...

  Tim Kilburn
  Fort McMurray, AB Canada