There was an Oct 31 discussion on NPR Politics podcast. I like the Overcast
pod catcher myself for finding these things. (now it is Apple relevant.)

In this podcast, talked with a PEW pollster who said they get a listing of
all cell phones and randomly call them. So somehow the rules saying cells
are out of bounds must have changed.

As to why multiple calls to one phone? Only reason that should happen is if
the poll is a tracking poll. There was one discussion about how a single
black man in a midwest city was influencing a poll because he was the only
person they could get with that demographics so they multiple his opinion
be more than  10 to account for population distribution.

list.