Cmd is short for command.

Or in windows you cmd hit enter and it opens the command prompt.
From: 'andy' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 13 April 2018 6:11 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Playing audio media on my Macbook

Hi again Anne.

Please forgive me if I'm not quite with you at this moment.

You say "If it doesn’t, press Cmd-comma to open Finder Preferences"

I'm listening to a tutorial to Voice over by mr Jon Pan, who starts off by
describing the mac keyboard layout and he is saying that from the bottom left,
of a macbook for example, the keys are as follows:

FN: function key; Control key, then followed by the Option key, then Command
key, just before the spacebar.

John does not talk about CMD.

Obviously, you are referring to the VO keys, but surely it should be
Control,Option and finally command!
Or does CMD refer to keys 2,3 and 4 on the bottom left?

If this is the case, then CMD plus comma is Control, option and command and
whilst these are depressed, press the comma key?

Sorry for appearing such an idiot, but I think I may have grasped the meaning
of your  keystroke.

Am I correct and can I give it a go.

Very best wishes.

Andy.