That would be my assumption as well.
I’d send the speakers back to Amazon for a refund, and get something else.

- Brad -

On Nov 15, 2020, at 18:08, matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic...@outlook.com>
wrote:

Hi Brad and all,

Just tried pair of ear buds with a 3.5 jack and they work fine.  I am incline
to thingk it is a bad set they gave me since they do not work on any of my
other devices.  What a shame.  They power up, but they do not show up as an
option in sound preferences. There is  9only internal speaker, then an empty
item which vo just says name then airplay device.

Matthew

> [...]
> have power.
> I’m wondering if there is a way to make sure there is not a problem with the
> audio output jack.
> Perhaps you could try plugging in a pair of 3.5 mm headphones into the audio
> output jack to see if they will work,, or try a different pair of speakers.
>
> - Brad -
>

> On Nov 15, 2020, at 15:54, matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic...@outlook.com
> <mailto:ilovecountrymusic...@outlook.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi PPeet,
>
> Here you,.  Thees are usb speakers and are suposivly plug and play.  You plug
> in the usb end into the USB port of your machine which is how they get power
> and then youplugin the 3.5 mm end into the jack for sound output.  With that
> here is the link.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDK3W5D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDK3W5D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
>
> Matthew
>

>> On Nov 15, 2020, at 12:21 PM, Pete De Vasto <pdevasto0...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:pdevasto0...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Matthew,
>>
>> Would you be willing to share the brand and model of your speakers? I’m
>> intrigued by you saying that the cord has a USB plug on one end and a
>> 3.5-inch plug on the other, and I’d like to learn more about the concept.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pete De Vasto
>>
>>> On Nov 14, 2020, at 12:26 PM, matthew dyer
>>> <ilovecountrymusic...@outlook.com
>>> <mailto:ilovecountrymusic...@outlook.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Peet,
>>>
>>> I still have sound through the internal speeker even wile the speakers
>>> connected.  Other headphones work far as I know.  I am guessing it is the
>>> speakers themselfs but not sure as I sill have a surface pro I might be
>>> able to test with.  My linux machine did not work there either.
>>>
>>> The cord has a usb connecter on one end which plugs into a USB port and the
>>> other  end is a 3.5 mm jack which plugs into a  3.5 jack.  Both are plugged
>>> in so not sure.  What is going on.
>>>
>>> Matthew

>>> Visionaries list.

>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
>>> mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you
>>> can reach Cara at  caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

>>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
>>> ---
>>> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>> <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/96BE71C8-6647-4BC1-BC80-4FB0AB4E0C23%40outlook.com
>>>
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/96BE71C8-6647-4BC1-BC80-4FB0AB4E0C23%40outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

>> Visionaries list.

>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
caraqu...@caraquinn.com

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.