Hey All;

  I dig this app and wanted to share it with you! It's called AnywhereAbs and
it's 99 cents.

  I like it because it's quite simple, very accessible, and gives you quite a
passible workout when traveling and / or on a tight schedule.

  I'll first post the app's description and link (from the app store) and then
a walk-through and important suggestions / warnings (from me) at the end.
PLEASE DO READ THEM IF YOU WOULD, BEFORE YOU USE THIS APP!!!… :)

  Here goes the app store descript:

Anywhere Abs is like having a workout partner on your iPhone/iPod. It will
guide you step-by-step through a routine to strengthen your core. This routine,
which takes only 6 minutes to complete at the Advanced level, is perfect for
the frequent traveler or for home use. It can be performed anywhere there is
space on the floor, making it an ideal hotel room workout! Anywhere Abs
consists of 6 exercises, performed while a timer counts down for the duration
of each exercise. A detailed description of each exercise is available for
reference at any time during the workout. Having a strong core is important for
any sport, and Anywhere Abs makes your workout partner as close as your
iPhone/iPod.

Okay, here's the app store linkie:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anywhere-abs/id367401168?mt=8

  -And now here's a walk-through to get you started with the app:

1 When you first start the app, you'll be presented with three buttons which
you can double tap. These are not conventionally labeled, as they have 'Btn_'
before their actual titles. So, in order from left to right they are: start,
help and about.

2 Double tap start to start your workout. -Help gives you a quick overview of
the app, and about is simply the app's info screen.

3 Once you begin your workout, you'll be presented with another three buttons,
for the level of workout you'd like. These are beginner, intermediate and
advanced. (These simply correspond to the amount of time for each exercise (30,
45 and 60 seconds); the exercises themselves are the same at every level)

4 The next screen you'll see, is the main screen where you'll spend your
workout. It also contains three buttons, though these are indistinguishably
labeled. they are, from left to right, start / pause, skip, and help. Start /
pause starts or pauses the timer. Skip skips an exercise in the workout and
help is described below.

5 Flick all the way to the right, and double tap help.

6 YOu'll be shown your first exercise, which will be displayed in a dialogue
with an 'ok' button at the bottom. After you read the description of the
exercise, you can double tap the 'ok' button and you'll be returned to the
previous screen.

7 Double tapping start / pause will start or pause the timer for your first
exercise. YOu'll hear a tone when the timer starts.

8 You can now perform the exercise you were just shown until you hear another
tone signaling you to stop.

9 At this point, you can again flick all the way to the right and double tap
help for a description of your next exercise.

10 You can keep repeating these last few steps now throughout your workout,
with the exception of the fifth exercise.

11 On exercise 5, you'll be instructed to spend half the time on one side of
your body, and half the time on the other.

12 You don't need to worry about seeing the screen for this; Once you double
tap the start / pause button, and the timer counts down half of its total time,
you'll receive a different tone than usual (telling you to switch sides) and
the timer will actually be automatically paused so you can roll over.

13 So at this point, you need only double tap the start / pause button as
usual, to restart the timer and finish this exercise.

14 Once you've finished the fifth exercise,you can then move on to finish the
workout as usual.

  Okay, Now here are my notes / warnings:

NOTE: While I really do like this app a whole lot, (enough to post about it)
It's not by any means a complete workout, nor is it flexible.

It is fast and convenient though, and it also works well as an accessible timer
for each exercise. For those experienced with working out, it can be a nice
simple supplement for a more complex / in-depth workout.

A CAUTION and a WARNING: I'd suggest that this isn't an app for beginners.
-Strongly suggest as a matter of fact…

  I say this, partially for the level of some of the exercises, but also
because, while the app is fairly good about describing each exercise, it fails
in my opinion, in regard to telling the user how to properly get into / out of
the last two yoga poses in the workout. Here's where the warning comes in; if
one doesn't get into these properly, it's possible to stress or hurt the lower
back.

  Now, there may be images on the screen of how properly to get into / out of
these poses, but there is nothing I can find in the app or the descriptions of
the two final poses for the workout. On top of this, holding either of these
poses incorrectly, is also not good.

  So as a result, I'd really encourage people to research these final two
exercises (the plank and side plank poses) before you try them. (unless of
course, you have yoga experience, or experience working out)

  Please do take this seriously, and do your research. This is meant to be
enjoyed, not cause you pain or problems! :)

  Having said all this, I've included below, a few links on the two exercises
in question, and I'd also encourage you to perhaps run through the app to read
each exercise and see if it's right for you before you actually use it in a
workout.

  Please do have fun, and I wish you a totally fab workout! (links and
pertinent notes follow)

Smiles,

Cara :)

For this first link, feel free to disregard steps 6 and above. The first five
steps will show you how to get into the Plank pose. You won't need to then move
into the Dolphin pose. To get out of the Plank, I'd either suggest reversing
these five steps, or gently rolling on to your side, once you're on your knees
and elbows.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4489639_perform-plank-dolphin-pose-yoga.html

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/783

http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/plank.html