Hi.  ah, neat, thanks for the info.

Cameron.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Blouch
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:36 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: an Imac and voiceover?

AppleWorks was originally an Apple II program. Later Apple, through their
Claris software division, created a GUI Mac equivalent called AppleWorks.
Later, when Apple disbanded Claris, they brought it back in house and
renamed it AppleWorks. It was bundled with a bunch of macs for a while and
was discontinued in 2007. iWork came out in 2005 and has pretty much
replaced AppleWorks even though it lacks the database and drawing
capabilities of AppleWorks.

CB

Cameron wrote:

Hi.  Oh outspoken was a fantastic screen reader.  My first computer was a
Mac 2SI which was a great little box for my needs at the time.  I used that
through high school and have fond memories of it.  that reminds me.  I
haven't used claris works since 1999.  I wonder what ever happened to that
package/company...

Unfortunetly, I had to become a windows convert when I started college but
that is another story.  Anyways, that old Mac 2SI was more stable than any
windows machine I owned that's for sure.

Cameron.