NO problem Dave! :) -Glad I could help!

  this is one aspect of the Mac which is very important. The idea that there
are several ways to do something doesn't need to be confusing.

  there are patterns in the system keystrokes on a Mac just like there are on
Windows. -And, to be honest, these patterns are actually, in a manner of
speaking, more universal on the Mac than on Windows. I.E. Windows Screen
readers create the illusion of universality where none actually exists such as
in the use of the enter key. while I'm not familiar with  the latest versions
of Windows, in Win 95 / 98 / XP, the enter key didn't actually open
applications or shortcuts if one wasn't using Jaws or WindowEyes.

  Pressing enter on a shortcut on a Windows desktop used to actually bring up
an edit field where you could type a new name for that shortcut. -And,
incidentally, this is exactly the same behavior as on a Mac. The Windows screen
readers changed some functionality which presented a visually impaired user
with a faux sense of the universality of the OS. This isn't the case on the
Mac. VO leaves the system keystrokes intact, and simply adds it's own layer of
additional keystrokes a user can choose to work with if they like.

  this gives the added advantage that (if a visually impaired user chooses)
they can more easily interact with sighted coworkers / friends / family because
other Mac users will be more likely to be familiar with the type of universal
keyboard commands for the system as they aren't specialized to the screen
reader in use. Does this make sense?…

  This paradigm also allows one to seamlessly combine system commands and VO
commands to achieve their goal as well.

  Finally, add to this, the ability to create automator / apple scripts which
can involve VO and you can see that this can truly be a very powerful platform.

  Anyway, blah blah blah! :) -AGain, glad I could help and I hope all goes well
for you in the presentation!…

Smiles,

Cara :)
---