Hi Brandt,

I suppose that all depends on exactly how you define legal. <grin>  In any
case, I think the biggest drawbacks in my own experience, is the lack of
support and inability to update the OS.  However, if you possess rather stellar
skills at compiling and hacking, you might just be able to get around that.
Much of the basics of mac and VO operation I learned on a hackintosh, but was
relieved to finally purchase a legitimate Apple computer.  As far as setting
one up, I'm afraid I can't help you much there.  We inherited ours.

--

Jenny Wood
Phone:  (972) 989-3894