I don't like comparing Windows with Mac personally but I think you'll find that
windows users are still struggling with the task of recording Skype Calls as
their's no easy "out-of-the-box" solution for that one whereas with the Mac?
Well the purchase of one piece of software and the writing of a simple script
which has been detailed does a damn good job and the preparation only takes 5
minutes.

I don't think they come any easier than with Audio Hijack Pro and the excellent
scripts that have been posted here.