From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Missy Hoppe
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:05 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: battery life under lion

Hello, all! I've just found a major, major problem with lion, and am
wondering if anyone else has experienced it yet. This one is almost serious
enough to make me want to run back to snow leopard, but I'm not entirely
sure how to do that, but my questions and concerns regarding downgrading
aren't what I wanted to post about here.

I have a 2011 macbook pro mc724LLA. Before lion, I was getting around 8
hours of battery life with screen brightness at 0 and just leaving the mac
idle to check twitter and things. I'd use it from time to time for other
tasks, and even then would get around 8 hours of productivity on a fully
charged battery. Well, I decided this morning that I would let it run on
battery for a little while; I typically just leave my macbook plugged into
an outlet since it primarily lives on a desk in my dining room. Still, I try
to drain the battery at least once every week or two so that it will be in
good shape if I ever do need to travel.

Anyway, I disconnected the AC adapter as I usually do, and then checked the
status menu. It told me I was going to get nearly 10 hours off the battery
charge. I was pretty excited; figuring that I could leave it running happily
all day on battery. Well, no such luck. About 4-5 hours later, I went to see
if I had missed any direct messages or anything on twitter, and the macbook
was completely dead. Nothing I pressed would respond at all. I plugged in
the ac adapter, and everything came back to life, and now it's 1 hour 24
minutes til the battery is fully charged.

So, I guess my question is this: has anyone else noticed seriously reduced
battery life on their macbooks? I had one friend on twitter confirm that
he's experiencing the same problem, so am almost definite that this isn't
just me. If I find one more flaw in lion, I am going to figure out how to
downgrade to snow leopard, that's for sure!

Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope that everyone is having a really
wonderful day, and I'm really enjoying all the talk about taming the lion.